Metadata

Discussion room for Video Station package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Metadata

Postby Pinky-Brain » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Folks,

the Video Station is a really good app! It does a fantastic job.
But why does not it store the metadata inside the corresponding files?
I would really appreciate it, if the metadata would not be kept seperated from the video, but instead saved inside the files.

My problem is, that I am using iTunes to be able to take selected movies or TV serieses with me on my iPhone. After installing Video Station and updating the metadata, I re-added the movies to my iTunes Library. But I the metadata, which are displayed correctly by the Video Station are not displayed in iTunes. :-(

Maybe this is a nice future feature for the Video Station. But for now, I would appreciate a workaround other than just doing the work by hand.
Pinky-Brain
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Metadata

Postby Kluu7577 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:26 am

Hi Everyone,

I have some what of the same question. Is it possible to pre-load metadata such as a TV show's info for diskstation to use without it having to do an online search? Or a setting where diskstation reads the embedded metadata in a file without having to look it up online?

The goal I guess for me is so that once you open up DS Video that all thumb nails and show or movie info would populate almost instantly without the lag of having to search online for the info.

Is this possible currently? Thank you!
Kluu7577
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jibenito » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

I think that one tool as metabrowser will be perfect... Or that video station could read xml from xbmc or mediabrowser...
jibenito
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby anthonywebb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 am

I wish it would read all the metadata that itunes writes. For instance, movie rating it no where to be found in videostation, drives me crazy.
anthonywebb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Kluu7577 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 pm

jibenito wrote:I think that one tool as metabrowser will be perfect... Or that video station could read xml from xbmc or mediabrowser...

Yes, that's exactly what i was looking for in disk station.
Kluu7577
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Video Station