Well... I finally got it working using a work-around...
1) In my DIR-825, I turned 'Port Forwarding' off (unchecked)...:
2) In my DIR-825, I configured 'Virtual Server' instead...:
The web page is now visible, but it still bothers me that I had to do this. I am finding all kinds of things that seem to point to a level of instability with DSM 3.2... which is supposed to be a mature release (given 4.0 is in beta, and about to be released). Here are some of the unstable things I have found so far...:
> removal and re-establishment of /web, as described above
> use of router auto config w/ supported router (described above)
> use of EZ-Internet package w/ supported router (described above)
> Instability of Time Machine share... found this one this morning...
* had Time Machine share set up and working... initial backup ran 11 hours and backed up successfully
* after iMac and DS212+ reboots, Time Machine share reconnection could not be established (followed all the instructions in all the wiki's I could find... failure)
* I finally turned off Time Machine share at >Control Panel >Win/Mac/NFS >Mac File Service by deselecting the Time Machine share, saving the config, reselecting, and saving again.
* iMac Time Machine now sees the share as available again... backup again successful
* question is... will I have to keep doing this..?
I am really worried that I made a mistake purchasing this product... I'll give it a chance, but folks... this stuff should 'just work'...!!!
DS212+ : DSM 4.1-2668 : 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1 : WD 320G USB / D-Link DIR-825
iMac mid-2010 27" i5 OS 10.8.2 / MacBook Air 13" OS 10.8.2 / HP EliteBook WinXP / HP Z400 Win7-64 / iPad2 / iPhone5