Invitation: [xCloud] for Synology is now in public beta

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

Re: Invitation: [xCloud] for Synology is now in public beta

Postby Ltek » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 pm

bladehawk wrote:What am I missing?

Obviously a lot

bladehawk wrote:I'm still not clear as to what this does that the NAS doesn't. With DDNS I have a hostnane, I can access my movies, files and audio already as well as shard files. Xcloud can upload photos from my phone wirelessly but other than that all I see is this moving my data to a cloud that I don't control. Wake on LAN can be accessed via my router if I have an issue (or I can forward a port translating it to the WOL port)

You are complaining when you obviously don't understand the product and it is clear you have not installed the app or even read the thread (no excuses since it is small).

As the OP stated in the thread... nothing is stored outside of your NAS, it creates a tunnel/redirect.

Also, this is a unified interface, if you don't like it or don't want it then don't use it and take your complaining/whining somewhere else, no one here wants it.

Or be mature and try to appreciate the effort being put into the app as it takes a lot of skills, time, and effort to do what is being done with this app.
Ltek
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Diting123 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 am

bladehawk wrote:I'm still not clear as to what this does that the NAS doesn't. With DDNS I have a hostnane, I can access my movies, files and audio already as well as shard files. Xcloud can upload photos from my phone wirelessly but other than that all I see is this moving my data to a cloud that I don't control. Wake on LAN can be accessed via my router if I have an issue (or I can forward a port translating it to the WOL port) What am I missing?

Hi,bladehawk

Glad answering your question.
Firstly I'd like to show you a comparison table between xCloud and Synology related products so that you can have a better understanding about xCloud.
Besides, as we always stressed, xCloud adopts P2P secure tunnel other than relay, thus making the whole data transferring process just between your Synology and mobile phone directly, in other words, without 3rd party engaged in, your data is either on your mobile phone or on your NAS. In this way, obviously, your data is totally under your control pretty securely and privately!

To wake on LAN, you need to download a DSAssistant from Synology website and all you need to do is to set up WOL in the DSAssistant. No other translating needed any more.

Hope it’s helpful!

If you still have any other question or suggestions about xCloud beta version, please feel free to contact us at:
Twitter: @xCloud001
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/xcloud.dteam
Blogger: http://xcloud001.blogspot.hk
MSN: xcloud

Thanks again!
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

Alternative FTP: xCloud for Synology

Postby Diting123 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 am

Although xCloud for Synology is still in public beta, many users have showed their interests a lot in xCloud already. Most importantly, many people also give their precious and insightful advice about xCloud. Thanks a lot for the comments and suggestion!

A new beta version of xCloud for Synology published today!!!

Some bugs are fixed in this new version, among which many come from the feedback of yours. Please check for it from xCloud official site: http://www.xcloud.cc

Since xCloud 3.0.0 officially lanched on 29th, September, an increasing number of xCloud fans, especially users of Synolofy NAS, pay their attention to xCloud’s features in Version 3.0.0 a lot. Some vote for the the conveniences of Instant Uploads; while, others prefer the new Face/Off interfaces. People may hold different ideas about xCloud 3.0.0, but in sum, xCloud for Synology, by putting Synology with xCloud together perfectly, definitely makes your Synology more useful and playable than ever due to the dead-easy operation and settings. In other words, xCloud already becomes your alternative FTP.

Featured Top One: Face/Off

Do you know the famous movie Face/Off? xCloud here shows you another amazing movie-like feeling.
You can “Face/Off” by Switching to PC/Phone at will and access any your data either from Synology or mobile phone as you wish. In this way, xCloud simplified your data transferring. Besides, the cold color blue & green interfaces can ease your eye stress and adjust your eyesight.

Featured Top Two: Instant Uploads

Once snap a photo, you can upload it instantly. With 3rd-party cameras photographing supported, newly-taken photos can be uploaded to your PC automatically, such as Camera 360, Instagram etc.. For those photography-lovers, xCloud is just their thoughtful assistant to improve your efficiency.

All in all, fully supporting for Synology NAS servers makes xCloud 3.0.0 become a perfect match for Synology, in other words, xCloud for Synology works just like an easy-handling FTP.

If you have any questions about the new beta version or xCloud 3.0.0, please feel free to contact us at
Email:support@xcloud.cc
Twitter :@xCloud001
Blogger:http://xcloud001.blogspot.hk
MSN: xcloud001@hotmail.com

Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bladehawk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Ltek wrote:
You are complaining when you obviously don't understand the product and it is clear you have not installed the app or even read the thread (no excuses since it is small).

As the OP stated in the thread... nothing is stored outside of your NAS, it creates a tunnel/redirect.

Also, this is a unified interface, if you don't like it or don't want it then don't use it and take your complaining/whining somewhere else, no one here wants it.

Or be mature and try to appreciate the effort being put into the app as it takes a lot of skills, time, and effort to do what is being done with this app.

I did read the thread and I wasn't seeing what this did. I didn't install it as I believed it would copy my information to their servers, which I don't want. There was no reason to get up in arms, or be insulting, nor am I whining as I asked, what was I missing.
bladehawk
Experienced
Experienced

Postby jwiener3 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Did anyone get this to work? I installed it today and things seem like they should work, but my files are not uploading. I can see when I pick my computer that it lists the public IP of my internet connection. I am not sure if that is the problem since I am on the same LAN and I do not get to my NAS with the public IP when on the same network. There is not really any support information on their site. Also I tried turning off wifi and changing the setting to allow syncing off wifi, but I just keep getting a message "Network unavailable"
jwiener3
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby thunderbird » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I do not want to use UPnP, which ports do I need to forward on my router manually?
thunderbird
Sharp
Sharp

Postby thunderbird » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 pm

UPnP did not work anyway, so I forwarded port 15002 manually (guess it's that one since it was opened after running the package), then I had to open this port on the firewall as well (the package does not tell the firewall what port it needs...
Please provide a manual for users that have less nerves to ge tit working :)
It now runs, but weher is the data stored on the NAS???
thunderbird
Sharp
Sharp

Postby jwiener3 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I will look into that for the port to see if I can forward traffic back to my Diskstation somehow. As for the location, on mine it created a share called xcloud so I could only assume that is where the stuff would land.
jwiener3
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Diting123 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 am

jwiener3 wrote:Did anyone get this to work? I installed it today and things seem like they should work, but my files are not uploading. I can see when I pick my computer that it lists the public IP of my internet connection. I am not sure if that is the problem since I am on the same LAN and I do not get to my NAS with the public IP when on the same network. There is not really any support information on their site. Also I tried turning off wifi and changing the setting to allow syncing off wifi, but I just keep getting a message "Network unavailable"

Firstly, we have not met an issue like this in our testing. Generally speaking, xCloud does not show the "public IP". As for the uploading problem, we consider it as an incorrect operation. Please try again with the following steps:

I. Download an xCloud server (also called PC version) from xCloud official website and install it to Synology
1) Click “Package Center” in Synology;
2) Click “Install/Update” and locate the downloaded xCloud apk . Then follow the instructions to accomplish the installation.

II. Login to xCloud server

III. Apply xCloud
After you logged in to xCloud server on Synology successfully, you can access your Synology with an xCloud (also called mobile version) on your phone freely. For more details, please refer to “Help” on xCloud official website.

Click “View” to view the directory; click “Change” to change the directory path.

xCloud will create classified directories for you automatically.
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Diting123 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

thunderbird wrote:UPnP did not work anyway, so I forwarded port 15002 manually (guess it's that one since it was opened after running the package), then I had to open this port on the firewall as well (the package does not tell the firewall what port it needs...
Please provide a manual for users that have less nerves to ge tit working :)
It now runs, but weher is the data stored on the NAS???

Hi, there's no need to have further settings manually. Please check out this forum for a manual. Or please visit http://xcloud001.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-use-xcloud-on-nas.html for help.
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby thunderbird » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 pm

It does not work without allowing port 15002 on the firewall...
thunderbird
Sharp
Sharp

Postby Ltek » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm

*UPDATE*

@ other users ... I did not need to open a firewall port. it took a few times for it to login, but it did work

@ Diting123

You should put in a method of notification, in your app, to tell people there is a new version:

Only after checking your web wise and downloading (since you web sit does not even show the version #!) did I find you rev'd the Server-side app from 1.0 to 1.1
This is important especially at early stages when people are trying to help you get things working.

NOW...
after removing 1.0 and installing 1.1 it would not login... "Connection Failed" on the xCloud Server in the NAS. It said I was logged in. So I logged out and logged in again... twice. The first time failed then the second one finally said 'Online'

Now the android app still does not show items under: Files, Videos, Photos, or Music. The 'Sharing' folder shows items properly.

AND...
over the internet it took two times to connect (under Manage Devices) - first time failed. The app should automatically try at least twice on its own, when getting disconnected.

thank you
Ltek
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Diting123 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 am

This is for every user of xCloud for Synology . Thanks for your cooperation on using the beta versions before. It is your precious suggestion and feedback that makes it possible for xCloud to publish its upcoming official Version 3.2.0.

The newest mobile client version and Synology version are coming soon in October.

Some bugs in the previous beta versions are fixed in this upcoming version 3.2.0 and new functions are added like sharing files through Twitter, Facebook with others.
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby gregoire » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I am atually very pleased with this package! very nice!
DS-508, DS214Play
Samung UE46C6900
Wireless network.
gregoire
Versed
Versed

【FREE Trial】Official xCloud for Synology:30-day’s Free Trial

Postby Diting123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am

With xCloud 3.2.0 published on xCloud official site last week, xCloud server official version (for Synology) is also published on xcloud.cc 2nd November.

Improvements in mobile client 3.2.0:

For iOS:
A) xCloud Free version: (Free all over the world)
1.File transfer pause/resume function.
2.Sharing photos with others available
3.Performance improved
4.Connect to PC automatically

B) xCloud Platinum: ($4.99)
1.Downloading available
2.File transfer pause/resume function.
3.Sharing photos to Twitter or Facebook with others available
4.xCloud Neighbor
5.Remote Wake over Internet function is available

For Android: (Free all over the world)
1.Improves the stability of transmission and connectivity
2.Beautifies the visual experience
3.Sharing photos to Twitter, Facebook with others available

Changes in official Synology client:
A) According to the feedback of users in beta period, many bugs in previous beta versions are fixed.
B) Besides, with the functions improved and strengthened, xCloud official server will provide users a 30-day free trial period before they need to purchase it for the full functions of xCloud.

If you have any questions about xCloud, please refer to http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=57285for help
Or contact us at:
Support: support@xcloud.cc
MSN: xcloud001@hotmail.com
Twitter: xCloud001
Diting123
Beginner
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party Packages