SynoCommunity is glad to announce its new repo

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.

Re: SynoCommunity is glad to announce its new repo

Postby bud77 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Ltek wrote:
bud77 wrote:In anyway, and, as a reminder, we will not provide help for those using different ports than standards

It would be great if we could use SB's built-in update feature... it works fine with SuperZeb's package. Maybe you can ask him how he got it working and include that in your next package?

Well, I have asked several persons on this issue, and the update button works for all of them (check out on the github tracker > issues)

The button "only" downloads the tarball file, and extracts it, like the SPK is acting (minus the download, since it's already in the tarball)
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby TommyN » Tue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Just updated Python to 2.7.3-1 and it went fine, but when I try to update SickBeard or Transmission I get this error:
I've tried stopping the packages and then updating, but it produces the same error.

DS712+ / DSM 4.3-3827 / 2 x 3 TB WD30EZRX / RAID 1
Seagate FreeAgent 500 GB in USB 1
ASUS RT-N65U FW:3.0.0.4.372_1363
Boxee Box +HACKS
Logitech Squeezebox Boom
TommyN
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Ltek » Tue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

TommyN wrote:Just updated Python to 2.7.3-1 and it went fine, but when I try to update SickBeard or Transmission I get this error:
I've tried stopping the packages and then updating, but it produces the same error.

I've had similar issues in the past... the problem was hidden. It seems that Linux (or Synology) is smart, but not smart enough. If you have a package that is installed and set to use that port, even if it is NOT running, installing another package that says it will use that port (even if it is not running yet) -- it will fail to install.

Again, not smart enough to tell you what package is the conflict. I like the Windows method better... it will allow it to install even if you have 1000 apps that want to use that same port. But only the first one launched will run. Much smarter way.

Anyway... my conflict happened to be Download Station (which was not running SO the port use would not show up in ANY Linux tools... I have a love/hate relationship with Linux! ;)

I had run Download Station and change the port, then I could install the conflicting package.

Hope that helps.
Ltek
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby bud77 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:20 pm

TommyN wrote:Just updated Python to 2.7.3-1 and it went fine, but when I try to update SickBeard or Transmission I get this error:

You actually need to stop the package in order to upgrade it. DSM does not manage by itself :/
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby TommyN » Tue May 29, 2012 5:34 pm

As I wrote I have tried to stop the package before updating. Same error..

I'll try to change the port and see if that works.

Boxee Box +HACKS
Logitech Squeezebox Boom
TommyN
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby bud77 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

When you stop the package, wait at least 5 minutes, it is displayed as stopped, but the step is much more longer

I encountered the same issue, so I stopped also sabnzbd meanwhile, and afterwards, I could upgrade normally
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby TommyN » Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 pm

bud77 wrote:When you stop the package, wait at least 5 minutes, it is displayed as stopped, but the step is much more longer

Ok, so I waited for some time and then hit update and it worked, so now SickBeard and Transmission is up-to-date :)

Boxee Box +HACKS
Logitech Squeezebox Boom
TommyN
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Nk26 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 am

Hello , I'm having an issue with post processing. I had to manually copy sabtosickbeard.py into my scripts folder and now I'm getting this error ImportError: No module named autoProcessTV. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Nk26
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bud77 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Nk26 wrote:Hello , I'm having an issue with post processing. I had to manually copy sabtosickbeard.py into my scripts folder and now I'm getting this error ImportError: No module named autoProcessTV. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

How did you make the copy ?

The script is "auto loaded" during installation, did you install BOTH sabnzbd AND sickbeard from our repo ?
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby bud77 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

For those having the issue where packages do not start after a reboot, could you please check the content of the folder :

/usr/local/etc/rc.d
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Smiggel » Wed May 30, 2012 1:44 pm

@bud77 Is there any news regarding CouchPotatoServer and port 5050 not being able to access from outside?
Smiggel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby bud77 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Smiggel wrote:@bud77 Is there any news regarding CouchPotatoServer and port 5050 not being able to access from outside?

Heard nothing about it. Maybe you should check CouchPotato forums and/or double check your firewall & routes
bud77
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Smiggel » Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

bud77 wrote:
Smiggel wrote:@bud77 Is there any news regarding CouchPotatoServer and port 5050 not being able to access from outside?

Heard nothing about it. Maybe you should check CouchPotato forums and/or double check your firewall & routes

Oh ok. Saw an post from you before where you said that you guys may have found something. I was waiting for that. In that case I will look at the CouchPotato forums.
Smiggel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby ytsejam1138 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Smiggel,

I'm running CoachPotatoServer on port 5050 and I have no problems accessing from outside my network.
DS413 DSM5.0
ytsejam1138
Student
Student

Postby Smiggel » Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm

ytsejam1138 wrote:Smiggel,

I'm running CoachPotatoServer on port 5050 and I have no problems accessing from outside my network.

Hmmm ok. Strange. I run it on 5050 as well. I have set the portforwarding for couchpotato, but I can not access from outside. I have no problem with Sickbeard and Sabnzb, etc. Guess I have to look in to it then, why it is not working.

Seems like couchpotato is not responding. When I try to access it, I see my browser loading and loading, but nothing is coming. As soon as I remove the portforwarding from my modem/router I get an error right away.

Port forwarding seems to work I guess, but CouchPotato does not respond. It only works locally of when I make a VPN connetion to my NAS. Does not work through my DsMyNas.org DDNS. :-(

Did not have this problem with V1 of CP. I had it running on 8083 and later on 8200.
Smiggel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party Packages