DS212+ with latest DSM won't Wake on Lan WOL

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

DS212+ with latest DSM won't Wake on Lan WOL

Postby rsm2000e » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Ok- I had my original DS212+ RMA'ed because it would go dormant (orange light blinking) and refuse to be awakened by Synology manager. My replacement unit exhibits weird behavior - it goes completely turned off (no lights lit) and REFUSES to Wake On Lan. The WAKE ON LAN in Synology Assistant is greyed out? Even though I 'set up' Wake on lan from within Synology Assistant??

What is UP with this NAS?? I am not a fan of hardware that doesn't fly right, especially when it is a critical part of my backup schema.

If someone could please help point me at a 'fix' so this will WOL, I'd be thrilled and grateful. My old unit DID wake on lan using Synology Assistant, so I think this is 'fixable'...

Thanks to all...
rsm2000e
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to System Management