How to Clean a Write Hole ?

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

How to Clean a Write Hole ?

Postby SpaceLunatic » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I had a power failure when using the synology, I was writting a file and it shut down.

now i KNOW FOR SURE that there is a write hole in the array and I want to synchronize the data to remove all traces of write holes.

anyone have any tips ?
2x Synology 1511+ (1 Main and 1 Backup)
1x Corsair Value 2GB 200-Pin DDR2 800 SO-DIMM PC6400 - VS2GSDS800D2
10x 2 To Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 SATA Revision 3.0 (Raid 5 SHR on Main and Backup)
D-Link DGS-1210-16 Gigabit Switch with Dual Gigabit LinkUp (IEEE 802.3ad) (Jumbo Frames Support Turned Off)
All Wired Setup with Cat6 UTP Cables 3 meters each
1 PS3, 2 PopcornHour C200, 2 HDTV PVR Receivers, 4 PCs, 1 Printer, 25MB Internet Connection Box with Built-In Router
SpaceLunatic
Novice
Novice

Return to System Management