Synology 1511+ with DSM4.0 hangs on restart

A major DSM update that includes: Cloud Station, ezCloud Service, iSCSI LUN Backup, Desktop Widgets, Application Portal, Antivirus Essential, File Station Enhancements, Surveillance Station 5 Enhancements, Photo Station 5 Enhancements, Download Station Enhancements, Media Indexing Service, VPN, Syslog, Hotspot, Connection Manager, Configuration Backup Enhancements, SMART Test Scheduler, Apple Routers Support, and DSM mobile Enhancements.

Synology 1511+ with DSM4.0 hangs on restart

Postby abusous2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm

I am running DSM 4.0 release; and when I asked the the system to safely shut down (from withing the browser interface not the CLI); it prompted me to confirm and and I said yes and already it has been 45 minutes and the Disk Station has not restarted yet! The light is blinking blue and 3I can hear the disks crunching as if check disk (fdisk) is running

Please advise. Last time I had this issue I was forced to do a hard reboot and it took several day for the raid to rebuild. Please help I am at a lose now.
abusous2000
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synology 1511+ with DSM4.0 hangs on restart

Postby abusous2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 pm

For those who have a similar issue; I suggest waiting at least 45 minutes to an hour, then unplug the power cord you will be OK. DS rebooted normally

In the past I have unplugged only after five minutes and it seems the RAID was left in an inconsistent state and it took 24 hrs for the drives to sync up. I hope this helps others,

I believe this problem is reproducible; which I hope you solve in the next release.
abusous2000
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to DiskStation Manager 4.0 BETA