Loss of configuration

An update to DSM3.2-1944 that provides performance improvements,
enhanced VMware ESXi compatibility, improved Surveillance Station timeline playback,
and improved Photo Station Blog functionality.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Loss of configuration

Postby jekyll » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Greetings,

I know it's a support issue, but i thought i'd ask the forum and see if anyone else has found this. not that anyone is stuipd enough to do so.

anyway,

I've moved house, took my cabinet partly to bits in hope that i didnt have to dismantle the lot.
Ive 7 Synology units here plugged into an APC AP7921 PDU. All the PDU cables were tied together and i really couldnt be bothered identifiying the correct cabes.

So, Like some kind of moron i remove each IEC C14 from the PDU to find which cable went to which device.

Anyhow upon reboot, the DS101G's DS110J DS209+ CS407 booted without a problem.

Thing was, The DS410 (FW-1955) after it's boot lost most of it's configuration.
All desktop and task bar icons had vanished along with the original customised wallpaper i currently had.

Audio & Surveillance were untouched.

Anybody had anything like this?

Regards

J
www.jekyll.info

APC UPS1500RM2U
APC AP7920
Syno DS410
Syno DS509
Syno VS80
jekyll
Wizard