First copy stops

An update to DSM3.2-1944 that provides performance improvements,
enhanced VMware ESXi compatibility, improved Surveillance Station timeline playback,
and improved Photo Station Blog functionality.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Re: First copy stops

Postby bas75 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 pm

At your own risk, offcourse

mod note: link removed. Please contact Synology support if you are suffering of this problem.
bas75
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bas75 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Here is another link for the 1010+ model

mod note: link removed. Please contact Synology support if you are suffering of this problem.
bas75
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby alsoft » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 pm

alsoft
Trainee
Trainee

Postby danielp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 am

SamL wrote:Same problem here (DS411+ with 4x3TB RAID5).
Hoping for a fix from synology.

This patch is for x86 models only, as the issue only appears on these CPUs. The other CPU architectures do not exhibit the same symptoms and slow performance may be the result of another issue. Also, each model will be required to install its own specific patch.

Please submit a support ticket with detailed reproduce steps for these cases.
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel Log ~ Synology eNews
danielp
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby cutter74 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Daniel, I don't mean to be rude but submitting a support ticket does not amount to much I'm afraid. I've logged a call for this issue on September 21st and I still haven't received a resolution to my problem. After numerous inquiries, the assigned engineer has confirmed that this is indeed a common issue reported by many users and that a patch is being developed. My last e-mail was sent last Thursday, November 17th asking to confirm me the approximate date on which you plan to release the patch; almost a week later, I haven't even received a single reply!

It's been more than 2 months since I have logged the case and I, along many others users who face this issue, think we are entitled to honest and open information on what the situation is and what/when we can expect this issue to be resolved. For the interest of full disclosure, my support case number is #90402.
cutter74
Rookie
Rookie

Postby alsoft » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm

cutter74 i submitted a ticket at the beginning of april for this problem(case number #72317), did several test for synology, i also took the ds1511+ for repair and got it nine weeks later finaly back with the only comment that they couldn't find anything. I've installed the 1944 patch today on my DS1511+ and testing it now and hope that the ds1511 works like it did at the beginning of the year
alsoft
Trainee
Trainee

Postby cutter74 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Thnaks for the info alsoft. My NAS is the ds2411+ accessed by 64bit clients so I don't know if my problem is exactly the same as yours. I hope it is though cause this means that I should be getting a fix sometime soon. As soon as I have any word from Synology, I'll let you guys know.
cutter74
Rookie
Rookie

Postby alsoft » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:53 pm

cutter74 i see that there is a DSM1944 special patch for the ds2411+
alsoft
Trainee
Trainee

Postby cutter74 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:06 pm

alsoft wrote:cutter74 i see that there is a DSM1944 special patch for the ds2411+

Can you tell me where? I can't seem to find it on the downloads page!
cutter74
Rookie
Rookie

Postby moymike » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 pm

My open ticket is #96802. It was opened November 9th. After sending in a number of debug logs over numerous days, my last response was,

"I was unable replicate your issue... ", followed by a request for more debug logs.

I just counted, and this is where I am at after thirteen emails, of which I have sent in the same requested logs three times.

It feels like my ticket is being worked by a first line support person, using a FAQ and a few short generic response emails.

For all the good it will do, I plan to continue sending debug logs, but I am beginning to feel like my best chance to get resolution on this is through a fix generated by other users reporting this issue.

I am disappointed that the Synology folks appear complacent in regards to this crippling issue with their NAS.
moymike
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby elohite » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm

I have the same issue and have been in contact with Synology for over 2 months. What I find annoying is that Synology has known about this issue since spring this year according to some users posting here and they only just recently provided some hotfixes. [Please control your language] they been doing all the time?
What p*sses me off the most though is that Synology does not finally spill the beans and gives some insight on what exactly is the problem and whether this had any impact on the data already stored on the NAS.
Not very customer friendly/oriented imho :evil:
elohite
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby danielp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 am

Hello moymike,

I have sought out your ticket and provided the North American Support Engineer in charge of your case with the patch information.
We apologize for any delays.
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel Log ~ Synology eNews
danielp
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby cutter74 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, I'm happy to report that after the patch installation, the issue seems to have been resolved. I can't post the link since I was asked not to do so, but I would suggest everyone facing a similar issue to log a case with Synology in order to have the patch send out to them. I beilive you won't have to wait long to receive it since the patch is ready and available internally to Synology's support personnel.
cutter74
Rookie
Rookie

Postby alsoft » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Today there is a new version of DSM with the number 3.2-1955, is the fix for our copy problem what was solved for me with the 3.2_1944_special.pat version also in this version? i'm a little bit afraid to update the DSM to 1955 and have the copy problem back again
alsoft
Trainee
Trainee

Postby moymike » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:42 am

I just downloaded and installed the new DSM version. (hoping it would fix the problem) I then shut down the 1511+ and brought it back up.

Then the moment of truth... I waited about three minutes, then attempted to copy a 3 GB file to it....

wait for it....
wait for it...

FAIL!!!!

Okay, what is going on here??
moymike
I'm New!
I'm New!

PreviousNext

Return to DiskStation Manager 3.2 - 1955