DS Photo + suggestions for future updates.

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
http://www.synology.com/support/inquiry ... enu&type=1

DS Photo + suggestions for future updates.

Postby trippertych » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi,

After using the app for a few days, I thought of a few features that may make DS Photo even better. I'm not sure how possible these are in implementing though...

- A rotate button to rectify the orientation of some photos. Ideally, it would be great to be able to make this change in the image permanent.

- A delete button, or something similar (slide to bring up the delete option, or press and hold on the photo to bring up the delete option). I have a number of doubles in my list, and having to go through steps to delete becomes laborious.

- The option to seamlessly continue browsing through to the next folder/album without having to jump out into the parent directory. I have some loose albums, but mainly they're all in dated folders. It is somewhat annoying that I have to go back a couple of times in the GUI to get to the next dated folder. It would be awesome to be able to continue browsing seamlessly through.

- An Add to Album option, much like an audio playlist but for photos. Having the option to do this from the DS Photo app would be great. You would be able to upload to the new album and add to it from your existing library without creating a copy of it but referencing it somehow. The option to add an existing photo would appear in the options for each photo.

- Have the name of the folder appear in Thumbnail mode as well. This obviously works in List Mode, whereby the name of the folder the photos are in appears next to the thumbnail, but it would be helpful to see it below the larger thumbnail in thumbnail mode.

- When playing a video clip in DS Photo +, the aspect ratio changes. It appears correct before hitting the play button, but is then changed to appear vertically stretched.

Cheers!

---UPDATE---

It seems that the Video Aspect Ratio issue has been fixed in the latest DSM version (2228)
trippertych
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS Photo + suggestions for future updates.

Postby batistuta » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 pm

+1 for the folder name in thumbnail mode - right now it is hard to navigate only by the thumbnails.
batistuta
Student
Student

Postby trippertych » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm

It has been a while since my last post regarding the new additions that may benefit DS Photo/Photostation. For me at least, it's more about if I should look for an alternative photoviewer or not.

The big points for me are still...

- Titles when viewing in Thumbnail mode.

- Having the ability to view ALL photos, instead of navigating in and out of a large hierarchy of folders.

A possibility could be to have different viewing options that may include:
ALBUMS -- ALL PICTURES -- FOLDERS -- KEYWORDS -- PICTURE PLAYLISTS - PICTURES DATE TAKEN -- RATING

- Being able to easily add photo(s) to an already existing Virtual Album. Also, not having duplicates would be neat (references/instances?).

- Enabling the user to quickly rotate the image, if/when necessary, and saving that change.

Cheers
trippertych
Trainee
Trainee

Postby kero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:54 am

+1

And please allow customized share link
DS412+ w/ 4x Seagate 4TB NAS (Raid 5)
DX513 w/ 5x Seagate 3TB SV35.5 (Raid 5)
DS211 w/ 2x Seagate 2TB DL003 (Raid 1)
Apple Time Capsule - 500GB
APC 650
kero
Rookie
Rookie

Slideshow on multiple folders

Postby ppsy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:32 pm

I would like to select multiple folders to start the slideshow.

Using photos from 1 folder only is not enough for me.
ppsy
Experienced
Experienced

Return to Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions