DS108J upgrade warning

A launched hotfix version to address related issues(see release notes) occurred after the DSM 3.1 - 1594 upgrade.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

DS108J upgrade warning

Postby amarryat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 am

As noted in a different thread here, I had problems with the DS108J after the upgrade. Backing up to it from another Diskstation would fail, and after that I could no longer log in to the DS108J. It would report that my userid and password were incorrect, or that the disk was full and that a reboot was necessary.

Another issue that I noticed was when going in to the storage manager and doing a SMART test (the simple 2 minute one), it would stop at 90% and never finish.

I downgraded the firmware to 3.1-1594 and noticed that the problems didn't go away.

I have since downgraded again to 3.0-1354 (that's three point Oh), and the DS108J is now working as it should.

Let this be a warning for anyone out there with a DS108J
amarryat
Novice
Novice

Return to DiskStation Manager 3.1 - 1636