Login doesn't work

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Login doesn't work

Postby Kekskrümel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Hello,

I updated to DSM 4.0 some Minutes ago. Now I want to use Photo Station 5 the first time.

Opening PhotoStation in the Start Menu of the DSM doesn't log me in as admin automatically. If I want to Log In manually with the admin user, Photo Station 5 says no valid user or password but the Login in DSM works fine with the user data.

Did I missed something here ?

Thx

Greetings

Nils
Kekskrümel
I'm New!
I'm New!

New Account Photo Station

Postby gwtx2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 am

I can't login to photo station with any new account created or with an existing named guest. Have tripled checked/changed the password. Tells me username or password is invalid. I have three other accounts which validate fine. Anyone else having this issue?
gwtx2
Trainee
Trainee

Re: New Account Photo Station

Postby terry » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 am

I had this and I stopped photo station then restarted it all was ok after.
terry
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Login doesn't work

Postby jchkilroy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:41 am

Same problem after updating to DSm 4.0. I cannot add any new user. Just the old once work...
jchkilroy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby james123 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 pm

hi guys,

I have the same problem, since the update to 4.0 i cant use the photostation users to login. I just get a message saying the password was wrong.

If i set the users to admin then it does let them in but I dont want them to be admin level. I tried stopping and starting the service but no joy.

Any help?

James
james123
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: New Account Photo Station

Postby gwtx2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 pm

terry wrote:I had this and I stopped photo station then restarted it all was ok after.

Restarting the service didn't help me,, nor did reboot. It's a strange problem. I have three users who can log in fine, but no new accounts nor the existing guest account can login to Photo Station.
gwtx2
Trainee
Trainee

Postby indeheki » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 am

@Synology- known issue after updating to DSM 4.0 ?

I have the login problem as well, for old and new users. Only admin user works.
ALso both access via android apps Audio STation and Photo Station doesn't work anymore. No settings were changed. Very very annoying.
indeheki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pjr » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 am

I've run into the same/similar issues. Existing photostation accounts (not DSM) can't login after the 4.0 update. Admin works and user photostation accounts work, but that is it. Non-DSM accounts seem to be locked out. I tried restarting, deleting/recreating accounts and creating entriely new "photostation" accounts. I also tried the photostation admin trick, but that did not work for me. Hope there is a fix coming soon.

-peter
pjr
Beginner
Beginner

Postby aanbeeld » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I've the same experience. Regular users can't login. Does anybody know when there is gona be a fix for this?

edit: sorry, was login on to the wrong DS, it is working correctly when I use the correct user for the correct NAS
aanbeeld
Beginner
Beginner

Postby farekmil » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I have same problem since I upgraded to DSM 4.0. After upgrade I cannot login from Chrome, iPad, Opera Mobile. But I can login into PhotoStation from Internet Explorer 8 an 9. Strange behavior.
farekmil
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby kyreon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Also for me using the Photostation user authentification does not work if you add a new user. After restarting the photostation service it works.
kyreon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby pjr » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:06 am

I've run into the same/similar issues. Existing photostation accounts (not DSM) can't login after the 4.0 update. Admin works and user photostation accounts work, but that is it. Non-DSM accounts see to be cutoff. I tried restarting, deleting/recreating accounts and creating entriely new "photostation" accounts. I also tried the photostation admin trick, but that did not work for me. Hope there is a fix coming soon.

-peter
pjr
Beginner
Beginner

Postby ussalaska » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Add me to the list. When using photo station accounts, any new accounts that are created that are not tagged as administrator they cannot log in. If the account is flagged as administrator then no problem.

Chris
ussalaska
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby syno.allen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 am

Dear all:
For the issue that newly created account can't login, please go to Package Center to update the Photo Station package.

But you will have to reset the password for new accounts created after updating DSM 4.0 2198 to make them login-able.

Sorry for inconvenience.
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Kekskrümel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

After updating Photo Station and changing the password of admin, the Login still doesn't work :/
Kekskrümel
I'm New!
I'm New!

Next

Return to Photo Station