feature request - better camcorder format support

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

feature request - better camcorder format support

Postby glc650 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi,

I've got a lot of 1920x1080 interlaced media from an older camcorder and in order to use it with Photo Station I have to convert it to progressive before uploading to my NAS. Would like to see PS/assistant deinterlace properly during conversion/indexing since all media has to go through that process anyway before it is viewable from PS. That way users could nix the extra step of deinterlacing before uploading.

Also, how about better support for camcorders (typically mts/m2ts/ts containers with H.264/AVC video stream)? Any decent camcorder or digital camera with video recording functions seems to use one of these containers so I would think that a lot of people would bennefit from better camcorder supprort. Maybe it is just me but I've only seen the mini (cheap) camcorders and phones stuff AVC video in mp4 containers. I'd love to have my m2ts footage avialable in original quality in PS.

Thanks,

->g.
glc650
Student
Student

Return to Photo Station