Blog settings

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Blog settings

Postby Vranicoff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:29 am

Hello All,

I'm not able to find a forum category specific to the "Blogging" feature so I figured this would be close enough since the blogging activity is accessed through the Photo Station.

I read in the release notes for DSM 3.2-1955 that the ability to turn off external social networking features (facebook specifically) had been included in this, or a previous release. I purchased this device expressly for the purposes of sharing information with friends and family __only__ and to promote the device as a vehicle for others who wish to do the same. I am furious about seeing the centralized social networking instruments littering the blogging interface. All this needs to be conditionally presented to the end user based upon whether they have provided credentials for these services in the configuration settings.

Please tell me how I can remove these facebook, Twitter and Plurk icons from view that they may be enabled only if the services are actually wanted. We paid a considerable sum of money for this device and do not wish to also be subjected to advertising for services we don't wish to use. Customers who pay for a product should not be subjected to advertising on that product.

--Steve
Vranicoff
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Photo Station