updating MS Office files via WebDav

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

updating MS Office files via WebDav

Postby johan01 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi,

I have a problem updating MS Office files via WebDav. When we create a new file everything works fine, but when we try to update the file it somehow gets corrupted when saving it. After that the file can no longer be accessed or seems to have disappeared. I have tried a few alternatives and found that saving it under 97-03 format sometimes works, but obviously this is not a solution. The issue occurs on Vista, XP and 7, we use Netdrive to connect to our NAS (209).

I have checked the Netdrive forum and it seems that Netdrive may be the cause of this problem. More users are complaining about Netdrive deleting or corrupting files on certain servers or NAS.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I will also want to try other WebDav clients to see if the problem persists. Can anyone recommend me an alternative to Netdrive?

Thanks,
Johan
johan01
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: updating MS Office files via WebDav

Postby bwiles » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 am

This is an error with NetDrive and they are aware of it. Same thing happened to me today and found that some folks have already posted on the NetDrive forums. I do not believe it is an issue with Synology.

I've been looking forward to be able to access via WebDav for quite some time and it looks like we may have to wait a little longer. Is anyone else having better luck with another client?
bwiles
Novice
Novice

Postby ryguy747 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 pm

I am also having the same problems with MS access.
Webdav seems to either not save the file or corrupt the file.
Hopefully Netdrive comes out with a fix soon.
ryguy747
Trainee
Trainee

Postby jpersin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Hello,
seems that upgrading to DSM 3.1-1613 may solve some of the issues. Worked for me.

http://www.netdrive.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1434&sid=946f38918debafda3b00da4acc5f2362

Regards,

Julien
jpersin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to WebDAV