Media Streaming stoping after 20 minutes to New Panasonic TV

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here

Media Streaming stoping after 20 minutes to New Panasonic TV

Postby disco » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recently taken delivery of a Panasonic TX-P42GT30 Plasma TV with media streaming capabilities. In fact the media streaming in this TV is supposed to be one of the best of the market for built technology in TV's.

However after starting the media streaming on the TV and linking to the Synology box with no issues (it even shows the synology icon in the list of active hardware) it played the files just fine but to my surprise the film stopped after 19m 17secs, so i tried the same file again and the same thing. I tried a different file and every time the files stop just before 20 minutes.

First i thought it was hibernation which was enabled for 20 minutes so i extended this to 1hr and still they stop before 20mins.

I tried the files on the TV locally via usb and they play fine and for the duration, a lot longer than 20 mins. I then tried it from a windows PC via MP12 and this played the files for the duration of the films as well so it all points to something on the NAS box but what?

I have the DS410 on a Cat5e structure wiring network (Krone cabling) and a netgear GS608 v3 and i get very good performance to the box with write speeds of about 30-45Mb and read faster its not that.

The files just pause and then go back to the Panasonic media screen and says "Connection To The Server Failed" so for some reason the NAS is disconnecting just before 20 mins?

Any ideas guys there doesn't seem to be many settings for the Media Server.

Kind Regards
Disco
disco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Media Streaming stoping after 20 minutes to New Panasoni

Postby NACZ3 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 am

I'm having the same issue with a WDTV Live Hub and WDTV HD.
See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=41404

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to resolve it and a support ticket to Synology hasn't resolved it either
NACZ3
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Aros » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hi
I have no way of testing this myself but I've been thinking about if this problem has to do with the hard disks power saving mode? Mine are set to 20 minutes, which seems to be the key number here. They can also be set to 30 minutes which seems to be another key number regarding this issue.

Try and set them to 1 hour and see what happens.
Aros
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby disco » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks for responding aros, I did find the issue in the end. It was a duplicate IP address on my network that causing the conflict, i addressed this and it has worked flawlessly since.

Kind Regards
Disco
disco
Rookie
Rookie

Postby acezz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Disco, I am glad you fixed your problem but now i have a question for you.
I am very close to buying the Ds212J.
when you did the initial set up on your NAS did it assign an IP address automatically or do you have to do it manually.
Cheers and enjoy,
acezz
acezz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby disco » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi, manually, always assign a fixed ip and just make sure u log it. I assign fixed ip addresses to everything so u know what everything is. Start at 50 then your router will server dhcp to everything below as they take the lowest free number by default on routers.

Any other help let me know
Disco
disco
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Streaming Multimedia Server