Per Synology, wireless Time Machine backup not supported!

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Re: Per Synology, wireless Time Machine backup not supported

Postby Jeremie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 am

gd11_be wrote:Hi Jeremy

That is great news ! Can elaborate on what has exactly changed ? In what area ? Of course it is great that enhancements have been made in the Wireless area ( 2 out of 3 macs are wifi) but I also have an iMac wired. And also this iMac has experienced the issue multiple times

Will wired MAC's also benefit from this enhancement?

Regards

Geert

Hi Geert,

Basically, our engineers have improved the recovery from hibernation, making connections more stable, so it will indeed apply to wired connections.
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby gd11_be » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 am

This is excellent news ! This might me take the plunge and upgrade to the Beta :-)
iMac - 2.8 - i7 - 16GB - Lion / iTouch - 32 GB - iOS 5.0.01
MacBook Air i5 128 GB SSD / MacBook Pro
iPad 16 GB & iPad2 16 GB - iOS 5.0.1
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic / 651R / B&W CM10
Synology DS211 - DSM 5.0- #R2D2 / Synology DS209J - DSM 4.1 - #SkyWalker
gd11_be
Enlightened
Enlightened

Postby mr_walsh » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

So what's the deal? Basically if there isn't an update that is stable I will have to go out and buy a Time Capsule in addition to my 1512+. I don't want to do that, obviously and when I bought the unit it was advertised to do this, but can't wait forever. Is there a patch I can try if the release is still considerably far out?
mr_walsh
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jeremie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:38 am

mr_walsh wrote:So what's the deal? Basically if there isn't an update that is stable I will have to go out and buy a Time Capsule in addition to my 1512+. I don't want to do that, obviously and when I bought the unit it was advertised to do this, but can't wait forever. Is there a patch I can try if the release is still considerably far out?

Hi mr_walsh,

The fix was introduced in DSM 4.3 beta (July), and applies to any following version of DSM. Let us know if it isn't working for you.
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Previous

Return to Backup/Restore for computer clients