FTP Server Slow download speed DS411J..

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

FTP Server Slow download speed DS411J..

Postby tonyhny » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 am

I am very stumped on this one on my DS411J...On the intranet, it is very fast when I tranfer files in between (almost 10MB/S) using FileZilla. I think that's pretty close to the Wireless N speeds that I have on my router (E54200). The Firmware is updated to the latest beta version.

Now when I use my 4G hotspot to FTP into my server, I only get 30-50 kb/s. My friend in another county is getting around 40kb/s. I dont know where the bottle neck is. I've opened all the FTP ports as suggested in the manual. My ISP has an upload speed of around 300kb/s. I would be very happy if it breaks 100 and not lag around 40kb/s. I didn't set any FTP limitation either.. so I am very clueless on what I should check next. Please help...
Thanks!!
tonyhny
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to FTP & WebDAV Server