e-mail notification for new user account

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

e-mail notification for new user account

Postby warsur » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 pm

After I created a new user account who will access to my ftp server via WAN, a new e-mail will be sent automatically to that user and as shown below:

Dear user,

Welcome to XXXXX!
You may point your browser to http://192.168.1.?:5000/ to modify your personal profile.

Your username: AAA
Your Password: Password:VVV

Sincerely,

Synology Disk Station

I actually has DNS name, but the e-mail above shows only the internal IP address, how to change it to DNS address? can I admend the e-mail?
Thank you.
DS409+ / DSM 4.0-2066 w/ 1.5T HDD x 4
DS106 / DSM 4.0-2066 (from DS108j) w/ 2T HDD
warsur
Student
Student

Postby Franklin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 am

Having the system to recognize the WAN address has been suggested to our engineering team and we will consider that for a future release. Amending the email is a new request however, I'll pass that along to the engineers. Thanks for your feedback
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Return to FTP & WebDAV Server