e-mail notification for new user account

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

e-mail notification for new user account

Postby warsur » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 pm

After I created a new user account who will access to my ftp server via WAN, a new e-mail will be sent automatically to that user and as shown below:

Dear user,

Welcome to XXXXX!
You may point your browser to http://192.168.1.?:5000/ to modify your personal profile.

Your username: AAA
Your Password: Password:VVV

Sincerely,

Synology Disk Station

I actually has DNS name, but the e-mail above shows only the internal IP address, how to change it to DNS address? can I admend the e-mail?
Thank you.
DS409+ / DSM 4.0-2066 w/ 1.5T HDD x 4
DS106 / DSM 4.0-2066 (from DS108j) w/ 2T HDD
warsur
Student
Student

Postby Franklin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 am

Having the system to recognize the WAN address has been suggested to our engineering team and we will consider that for a future release. Amending the email is a new request however, I'll pass that along to the engineers. Thanks for your feedback
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Return to FTP & WebDAV Server