ds411 - internet connection problems

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

ds411 - internet connection problems

Postby cheeber » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 am

i have ds411 connected to netgear wndr4000 router. i recently tried to set up internet with ez wizard. All seemed to work and i selected a ddns name from synonlgy service. xxxxx.myds.me. on the d4411 the ddns page says status =normal, and gives internal and external ip adresses. The internal ip address is the one for my router (192.168.0.1) - not the ds411 (192.168.0.197.

Here is my problem: when i try to find my ds411 from an external internet connection (eg phone typing in xxxx,myds.me), i find my router, and can logon to it. but i do not get the ds411.

Is there something else i have to do. I am new to this. Any help appreciated.
cheeber
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: ds411 - internet connection problems

Postby humbfig » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am

cheeber wrote:i have ds411 connected to netgear wndr4000 router. i recently tried to set up internet with ez wizard. All seemed to work and i selected a ddns name from synonlgy service. xxxxx.myds.me. on the d4411 the ddns page says status =normal, and gives internal and external ip adresses. The internal ip address is the one for my router (192.168.0.1) - not the ds411 (192.168.0.197.

Here is my problem: when i try to find my ds411 from an external internet connection (eg phone typing in xxxx,myds.me), i find my router, and can logon to it. but i do not get the ds411.

Is there something else i have to do. I am new to this. Any help appreciated.

Read viewtopic.php?f=145&t=61264#p234080
humbfig
Versed
Versed

Return to Remote Access and Network Management