Dlink DIR-655 listed as supported but not listed in dropdown

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Dlink DIR-655 listed as supported but not listed in dropdown

Postby knutal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi everyone!

I just purchased the synology 212J for setting up my own websites, and its up and running on my LAN. I am behind a Dlink DIR-655 router, which in turn is connected directly to fiber.

I am trying to set up the port forwarding as described in the manual/FAQ, and my router is listed as supported in the online list http://www.synology.com/support/router.php?lang=enu, but even after I press update in the control panel -> router configuration the router is not listed there.

Any ideas on how to circumvent the problem? Setting it up manually is not preferred.

Second; I have no DDNS icon, I guess I have to tick an option somewhere but so far I havent been able to find it. All and any clues would be appreciated :)

Kind regards, Knut.
knutal

Re: Dlink DIR-655 listed as supported but not listed in drop

Postby SebastianFeyten » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem with my 212+.
The list doesn't want to update (at least it's not equal to the list that is given online).
I know my internet connection is working because I could download and update apps.

Should I activate something to update the list? I installed DSM 4.0 so I expected to get a fully updated list (this is not the case)

Thanks
SebastianFeyten
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby marbro » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 pm

I've got the same router with the same limitation. Adding to the post in hopes of hearing a solution.
DS212j
DSM 4.0
marbro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby mike42dk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 am

Hi

The Ez-internet is not the best solution yet, but there are a complete walk though on the internet, just follow that and your ports are opend.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/Synology_DS211+.htm

and read the tutorial to see which ports to open.
http://www.synology.com/tutorials/how_to_access_nas_with_internet.php?lang=enu
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS-412+
2 WD red 2 TB harddrive RAID 1
1 Seagate 2 TB harddrive Basic
mike42dk
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby soroush » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Having the same troubles. Also ran the portforwarding-guides to no help.
The tutorial about which ports to open also does not help.
It says that when DSM looks for my router, and doesnt find it, I should select to "connect manually" from a screen with options "automatic" and "connect manually". However I never get to see this screen, instead I am bumped to the screen with the dropdownlist - not containing my DIR-655.

So now I am stuck in config-hell, desperately trying to get things to work. Really dissapointed as one of the reasons I picked Synology was because of all the good things I heard about its easy setup and the fact that my router _IS_ listed as supported.

As I understand it, older versions of DSM do not have these problems, but apparently it's impossible to downgrade the DSM aswell.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been stuck for many hours and getting a bit frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated.
soroush
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby henkg » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 am

Configuring a router manually is quite easy: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=51979
DS412+. 4x WD40EFRX, RAID5. DSM 5.1-5004
DS210j. 2x HD204UI, RAID1. DSM 5.0-4493 update 4
Windows 8.1 Pro. Router EPC3925. Switch TP-Link TL-SG1008D. Mede8er MED600X3D. UPS APC BE700G-GR.
henkg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Jeremie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,

One reason you may be experiencing this problem is that you are running the latest update of the router's firmware: 1.30EA
EZ-Internet may not support this firmware version.

As henkg has mentioned, it is possible to connect to the internet through he router's interface and set the port forwarding rules manually.

However we'll do our best to upgrade EZ-Internet as soon as possible so you don't have this inconvenience in the future,

Jeremie
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby Golfkillen » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Jeremie wrote:Hi,

One reason you may be experiencing this problem is that you are running the latest update of the router's firmware: 1.30EA

As henkg has mentioned, it is possible to connect to the internet through he router's interface and set the port forwarding rules manually.

However we'll do our best to upgrade EZ-Internet as soon as possible so you don't have this inconvenience in the future,

Jeremie

Hi,

I also have the same problem, and I have spent a full day in order to get the DS to work behind the router. I can reach it locally, and I have checked if the ports are open and they are. Still some problem. But I am getting confused since you are stating that the latest firmware for the Dir-655 router is 1.3, while when I look at my current firmware for my router it is 2.0.

Just at people have said before me, I bought Synology since it was easy to connect. And yes, it was, if I take away the router. Obviously that is not an option!
Golfkillen
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Jeremie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Golfkillen wrote:
Jeremie wrote:Hi,

Jeremie

Hi,

I also have the same problem, and I have spent a full day in order to get the DS to work behind the router. I can reach it locally, and I have checked if the ports are open and they are. Still some problem. But I am getting confused since you are stating that the latest firmware for the Dir-655 router is 1.3, while when I look at my current firmware for my router it is 2.0.

Just at people have said before me, I bought Synology since it was easy to connect. And yes, it was, if I take away the router. Obviously that is not an option!

Hi Golfkillen,

Sorry, my mistake: D-Link was tested with 1.30EA firmware, so you could be experiencing this problem due to the 2.0 version.
http://synowiki.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Router_list

Jeremie
Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby soroush » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 am

Solved this by manual portforwarding.
Thanks for the quick replies nonetheless @ Jeremie
soroush
I'm New!
I'm New!