DS211J cannot connect to external VPN

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

DS211J cannot connect to external VPN

Postby lordeagle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:42 am

Hi

I have above NAS. It is connected to the internet via a router. I want to connect the DS211J to the internet via a VPN from giganews.

I have gone to Control-Network-Tunnel . Then entered the Sever address and my user name, password. I have also selected enable tunnel.

I get an error message "connection failed pease check network settings or contact network provider"

I can access the VPN fine through my router on a number of windows 7 pc. sorry i have been goggling for 2 hours and cannot find what to check next.

thanks

LE
lordeagle
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Remote Access and Network Management