You are not authorized to use this service

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

You are not authorized to use this service

Postby pixr2 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 am

"You are not authorized to use this service"
this is what I am getting since yesterday when I try to connect locally to my DSM 3.0 on DS211j

I've read some similar topics about it but they were about remotely connections.
I have no more access on my local network.

Anyone has an idea of how to regain this

thanks
pixr2
pixr2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: You are not authorized to use this service

Postby kerryandjane » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 am

Do you have remote access to your diskstation?

My guess is if you've lost local but still have remote access to your diskstation; you've been blocked by the DiskStation security - autoblock.

The result of failed login attempts due to a mistyped username or password. Your ipaddress will be blocked on the DiskStation and you'll get the message you discribed.

Do you remember enabling autoblock enter the incorrect password in?

If you are autoblocked
There's a few things you can try (from simplest to most effort)
    1. Connect to Diskstation from Mobile phone off the local network and disable autoblock - then have a crack at logging in again.
    2. Go to http://www.vtunnel.com and connect to your Diskstation through there (vtunnel is a proxy website that gives you a dummy ip address and location). Disable autoblock and give it attempt to login as you normally would (locally).
    3. As a last resort grab a paperclip and hold down the reset pin. It shouldn't reset your data on disk but possibly resets your system partition.

I'm a big fan of the autoblock feature, remember before re-enabling it click on blocklist and remove your IP address from the blocklist.

Report how you get on.
DS209+ 2 x 2TB HD's (2xWD20EARS-00S8B1)
running latest firmware DSM 4.2
SparkLAN CAS-371W IP Cam
iPhone 3GS with SynoDS
and slim PS3
Get tech or die trying
kerryandjane
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: You are not authorized to use this service

Postby bgonline » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 pm

I am having a problem accessing any of the mobile apps. Both iPad and android are saying 'not authorized to use this service'

I can't find anywhere in the control panel where it restricts access to those apps?? Only account that works is to leave the name and password blank as 'guest account' which brings me to the public folder.

Thanks in advance for the help.
DS209
bgonline
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Remote Access and Network Management