Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby Deffe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:44 am

Hi all,

I just bought the Synology DS211+ and was really looking forward to setting it up and enjoy my NAS. But when I try to set up my router three hours passed and I just can't figure this seemingly easy problem out:

When you get to the drop down list to choose your router I cannot see the Linksys by Cisco E4200. And yes, I did make sure that the list is updated. =)

Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Deffe
Deffe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby jenskristian » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm

I too have the Linksys E4200, but I have installed DD-WRT on it and had no problems setting it up when choosing DD-WRT from the menu. So you could flash DD-WRT, or you could maybe add the port forwarding settings manually?
Synology DS1511+ | 5 x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB | DSM 5.0-4458
jenskristian
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby mike42dk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 am

Deffe wrote:Hi all,

I just bought the Synology DS211+ and was really looking forward to setting it up and enjoy my NAS. But when I try to set up my router three hours passed and I just can't figure this seemingly easy problem out:

When you get to the drop down list to choose your router I cannot see the Linksys by Cisco E4200. And yes, I did make sure that the list is updated. =)

Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Deffe

Hi

Take a look at this page
http://portforward.com/
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS-412+
2 WD red 2 TB harddrive RAID 1
1 Seagate 2 TB harddrive Basic
mike42dk
Sorcerer
Sorcerer