Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby Deffe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:44 am

Hi all,

I just bought the Synology DS211+ and was really looking forward to setting it up and enjoy my NAS. But when I try to set up my router three hours passed and I just can't figure this seemingly easy problem out:

When you get to the drop down list to choose your router I cannot see the Linksys by Cisco E4200. And yes, I did make sure that the list is updated. =)

Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Deffe
Deffe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby jenskristian » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm

I too have the Linksys E4200, but I have installed DD-WRT on it and had no problems setting it up when choosing DD-WRT from the menu. So you could flash DD-WRT, or you could maybe add the port forwarding settings manually?
Synology DS1511+ | 5 x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB | DSM 5.0-4458
jenskristian
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Can't set up router Linksys E4200

Postby mike42dk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 am

Deffe wrote:Hi all,

I just bought the Synology DS211+ and was really looking forward to setting it up and enjoy my NAS. But when I try to set up my router three hours passed and I just can't figure this seemingly easy problem out:

When you get to the drop down list to choose your router I cannot see the Linksys by Cisco E4200. And yes, I did make sure that the list is updated. =)

Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Deffe

Hi

Take a look at this page
http://portforward.com/
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS-412+
2 WD red 2 TB harddrive RAID 1
1 Seagate 2 TB harddrive Basic
mike42dk
Sorcerer
Sorcerer