cannot access File Station from internet at all ports.

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

cannot access File Station from internet at all ports.

Postby ash50210 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I really need help from any expert here. I just bought DS210j few weeks ago and now trying to configure the NAS as file station. My problem is the file station are not accessible from internet even i put various ports number. I've done the port forwarding in router but the result is failed. what is give me question mark is the synology manager (default port 5000) is accessible. and to put more questions is i faced this problem only thru internet. thru my local network both pages is accessible. To give you more clearer view pls refer below(pls assume file station ports default is 7000)

p/s
I'm using DDNS with no-IP also failed.

i) Http://<internet IP>:5000/ OK
ii) Http://<internet IP>:7000/ Failed
iii) Http://<Local IP>:5000/ OK
iv) Http://<Local IP>:7000/ OK

Thanks in advance...
ash50210
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: cannot access File Station from internet at all ports.

Postby csaga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 pm

I enabled the Webservice (https) and can't access my Synology ds109j! How can I disabled this service without loose any data? Thanks for help!
Viva la Revolucion!
csaga
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby _Johnito_ » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey,

I'm no expert but i own myself a DS210j and that part works for me. So maybe i can help you ! To make sure you can access your filestation from web you have to:

- Configure your router to route the 7000 port to your synology local IP
- Configure your Synology to accept connections on that port (internet connexions -> firewall)
- Make sure the computer you're using to access filestation from web isnt itself behind a firewall block this port
- If last point is true, try the 8080 port, which is commonly accepted through company firewalls.
Synology DS411+ | DSM 4.2 | 2x WD30EZRX - 2x WD20EARS
Synology DS212 | DSM 4.2 | 2x WD20EARS
_Johnito_
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby ash50210 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 am

_Johnito_ wrote:Hey,

I'm no expert but i own myself a DS210j and that part works for me. So maybe i can help you ! To make sure you can access your filestation from web you have to:

- Configure your router to route the 7000 port to your synology local IP
- Configure your Synology to accept connections on that port (internet connexions -> firewall)
- Make sure the computer you're using to access filestation from web isnt itself behind a firewall block this port
- If last point is true, try the 8080 port, which is commonly accepted through company firewalls.

Hi Johnito,

Can you paste here a screeshot how do you do this confuguration? I tried just now but still failed. My goal is need to access the File station thru WWW only.

TQ
ash50210
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby csaga » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

HTTPS in Synology NAS, works only if I have a valid SSL Certificate? Thanks for help!
Viva la Revolucion!
csaga
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Remote Access and Network Management