Group-Office as Webmail replacement

Discussion Room for the Synology MailStation Package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Group-Office as Webmail replacement

Postby jahlives » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 am

This weekend if found Group-Office which can be downloaded here as a free opensource version. Group-Office includes more features than Roundcube: calendar, file uploads, RSS feeds, ToDo lists...
With plugins the funcionallity can be expanded very easy.
The installation is a bit tricky but the installer always shows when there is a problem and suggest a possible solution. The nice thing about Group-Office is that you can share mail or calendar with other users which have an account on Group-Office. It feels more or less like a real office application.

Regards

tobi
jahlives
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Group-Office as Webmail replacement

Postby pendragonf » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:50 pm

How did you install group office if I may ask? Can you give me the setup instuctions please

Thanks
pendragonf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gangsterwagen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:45 pm

nice, but it is not free app
gangsterwagen
Versed
Versed

Postby Townie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:35 am

gangsterwagen wrote:nice, but it is not free app

Yes it is. There are two versions, one paid for and one community version which is free.
Townie
Student
Student

Postby pendragonf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 pm

It does have a free version, problem is alot of the addons dont work like out of office or sync.
pendragonf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Townie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 am

Are you sure they don't work?
From what I read on their site purchasing Group-Office gets you hosting and support, I didn't see any actual extra functionality.

Edit;

Lol, typical. I take back what I said above, just after posting I find the version comparison chart.
You are indeed correct, a lot of the handy functions are only part of the professional version. That's a shame as it did look promising.
Townie
Student
Student

Return to Mail Station