Cannot See Diskstation on my DLNA Devices

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

Cannot See Diskstation on my DLNA Devices

Postby GrandFX » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:59 am

I just moved and setup my Diskstation on my new home network. At my previous house the diskstation worked perfectly. I'm now forced to use HughesNet as an ISP at my new place. It took some finagling to get everything working, but I thought I had everything up and running until yesterday when I tried to access my Diskstation through DLNA and none of my devices can see it (Samsung TV and Onkyo A/V Receiver).

--My TV and Receiver have no problem seeing my laptops under DLNA
--If I go to the DS Media Server "Device List" it seems to see my TV and Receiver

One issue that may be related to this is that I can no longer access my diskstation Web Interface on my LAN using "Diskstation:5000". I have to either use the ip address or DDNS name. Not sure if it's related, but since it is another LAN issue, I thought I should bring it up.

Any ideas why I can see it from the outside world but not from my LAN?

Thanks!!
GrandFX
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Media Server