UPNP Dlna. Ds209+II to Android

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

UPNP Dlna. Ds209+II to Android

Postby Jespertr » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Hello.

I have an Ds209+II and can't get dlna to work correct. I have an Galaxy Tab that i would like to use with the my nas, but i cant get it to work.

My galaxy tab Can see the nas, but when i connect, there a no files to see. If i use Windows 7 in media player, i can se the files on the nas. And the Galaxy tab kan see files on my computer to. But just not on the nas.

Tab >> DS209+II Cant see the files, but connects fine.
Tab >> Win 7 All things works fine.
Win 7 >> Tab All things works fine.
Win 7 >> Ds209+II All things works fine.

Hope some clever minds can help an noob with his first android device.

Thanks.
Jespertr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: UPNP Dlna. Ds209+II to Android

Postby Jespertr » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 am

I work't with it 4 ours last nigth, and found out if I used UPNPLay with rocket player i works fine from my nas to the android tab.

Do i have to blame the Samsung All Share app, or do i need to do somthing extra to get it to work with the all share app.
Jespertr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Taxman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 am

I dont have a Galaxy tab so correct me if I'm wrong here.

From what I can gather Allshare is a DLNA DMC (Digital Media Controller) so it's primary purpose is to act as a remote control to a DLNA server and a DLNA client like a media player set top box or TV (not the actual Galaxy Tab itself). I take it this does not work when the media source is the Synology DLNA server ?

There's not a whole lot you can do I'm afraid, your best bet is to contact Samsung and let them know, as quick Google search shows problems with other media servers.
Taxman
Guru
Guru

Postby Jespertr » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 am

Taxman wrote:I dont have a Galaxy tab so correct me if I'm wrong here.

From what I can gather Allshare is a DLNA DMC (Digital Media Controller) so it's primary purpose is to act as a remote control to a DLNA server and a DLNA client like a media player set top box or TV (not the actual Galaxy Tab itself). I take it this does not work when the media source is the Synology DLNA server ?

There's not a whole lot you can do I'm afraid, your best bet is to contact Samsung and let them know, as quick Google search shows problems with other media servers.

I just though that if it was working with streaming from the win7 folders, Then it wasn't just a DMC, but an actual client also.
Jespertr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Taxman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Could be both I watched Samsungs video demo online but it only mentioned it being a DMC not a DLNA client. If its a media player client too again there's not much you can do. Your best course of action is to contact Synology and Samsung to see if either of them can resolve it but from a user end there isn't much to be done other than use another DLNA client in the interim.

I do have access to a Samsung TV with Allshare but it doesn't seem to do anything other than being a selection GUI to a DLNA server and the TV can access the Synology server. I guess Allshare does different things depending on the platform and the software is different too I'd guess.
Taxman
Guru
Guru

Postby gerard666 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Streaming movies etc. from Synology NAS to Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is done with BSPlayer from android market. You also have to download the BSPlayer ARMv7 VFP CPU support. Both are free. Once you start BSPlayer, go to settings and select LAN SUPPORT. Enter the adress from yr SYNOLOGY (example :192.168.1.203/shared). All shows up now, select yr movie and there it shows..

Tried lots of movie players from android market, none would stream from SYN710. Uninstalled them all. Only BSPlayer stays.

This works like magic.
gerard666
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby gerard666 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

to "dacake"

I am for 90% sure your tab will play MKV files, but check the forums on the Samsum Tab you plan to purchase. On my Samsung Tab, these files play. If you happen to have an internet capable Samsung TV, your tab also acts as a mediaplayer. Allshare works excellent with these Samsung equipments.
gerard666
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Media Server