Port numbers for DLNA server

Questions regarding media streaming across varied protocols, including UPnP/DLNA/CIFS can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Port numbers for DLNA server

Postby GNOE Inc. » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi,

I have my wireless network separated from my wired network with a firewall/router. I have a TV which has (wireless) DLNA capabilities. Which ports do I have to forward for communicating with my Synology DS 207+ DLNA mediaserver?
DS 207+ FW: DSM 3.1 -1637
DS 710+ FW: DSM 4.3
DS 212+ FW: DSM 4.3

We know everything about nothing ......

Note: English is not my native language.......
GNOE Inc.
Versed
Versed

Re: Port numbers for DLNA server

Postby syno.allen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:28 am

Synology DLNA server used TCP ports 50001 and 50002. UDP port 1900 is used for UPNP broadcast such that the DLNA client can find the DLNA server.

Hope this information help
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby makelegs » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:30 pm

I have recently noticed that my PCH no longer "finds" my 209+ DLNA server. Having just read the above post, I opened the referenced ports, specifically, thru my router, but to no avail. I never had to do that before, but recognition was always hit and miss. Any thoughts or ideas on what could additionally be done to get this feature working?
makelegs
Trainee
Trainee

Postby istvanszucs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I am having the same problem.
I have my 411j running 4.0 media server. It is connected to a Gigabit switch. The Gigabit switch connects the TV with the 411j, and to a wireless AP. The wireless AP connects to a wireless router, that connects to the internet. All my wireless devices connect to the wireless router directly, including a GalaxyS2 phone and an Xbox.
Initially it took me some time to set the system up in a way so that the wireless clients could reliably connect to the media server, but now once again I can't see the media server from the wireless clients, only intermittently.
Looking for all the help I can get.

Istvan
istvanszucs
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby istvanszucs » Mon May 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Noone can help?
istvanszucs
I'm New!
I'm New!

Return to Media Server