System Error 64 XP Pro

Questions about file sharing through NFS/CIFS/AFP? Post it here!
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu

System Error 64 XP Pro

Postby waj27 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:00 pm

I have one XP Pro Client that will not connect to my DS409 or RS407. Out of 15 clients, I'm not sure why this one is any different than the others. It has different hardware, though very similar hardware to another client which is not having any issues. I changed the ethernet card, the cable, port on the switch etc so I don't believe it is hardware related.

The user can login on another computer and map the drive OK. I can navigate the web interface no problem on the client. I can ping using Netbios name and IP address, but net view returns error 64 for both ip address and netbios name of the server. I have confirmed that the client time is in sync with the same server as the DS409/RS407.

The firewall is set by the Domain Policy. The computer is set up identical to all other XP pro clients on the network, so it can't be the domain firewall policy causing a problem.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. The connection log on the DS409 shows that the user made a successful connection to the share.

Any ideas?
waj27
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: System Error 64 XP Pro

Postby Joshuaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:10 am

Hello @waj27,

Are the other computers that will connect also using XP 64?

Can the offending machine map a drive using an account local to the Disk Station (ie. diskstation\username) rather than domain credentials?
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel Log ~ Synology eNews
Joshuaw
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Return to File Sharing: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux