Chrome Download Station - Google Chrome extension

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Re: Chrome Download Station - Google Chrome extension

Postby karrash » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 pm

LuukD wrote:
karrash wrote:Sorry for my bad english.

I detected is not possible to add links for emule but it's possible for BT and DD... It's correct or I must activate something at the NAS or the Download Station?

Thank you

I've never used emule, but there's an option to enable Emule in your DiskStation configuration. Log into your DiskStation as an admin and click DownloadStation in the configuration window.

I have the eMule enabled at DS. The problem is the extension don't adds the elinks but the torrents or the direct downloads do. I think the problem is the extension thinks the elink is a torrent and fails to add it...
karrash
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dugguduggu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I have a few questions:

1) The Modified date for files is weird and random-like.
Is this some sort of setting i can configure or is the plugin extracting the modified date from the file downloaded?

2) I saw this: synologydownloadassistant.com
Is this the same plugin? Because i'm unable to get this to work when installed from source
dugguduggu
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby frossie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm

good idea an extension!

I have only one question: how to add url from private tracker .
At the moment i tried it , but synology downloaded "download.php" not the file.

any solution ?
cheers.
fabio
frossie
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Q3D » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Really great extension :) Many thanks for it.

There is one issue with it: in Chrome, when you have a lot of active downloads, the scrollbar covers the remove buttons:

Also we all hope you can add the private torrent feature one day :)))
Anyway the plugin is just great.
Q3D
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby LuukD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for all your feedback!

karrash wrote:
LuukD wrote:
karrash wrote:Sorry for my bad english.

I detected is not possible to add links for emule but it's possible for BT and DD... It's correct or I must activate something at the NAS or the Download Station?

Thank you

I've never used emule, but there's an option to enable Emule in your DiskStation configuration. Log into your DiskStation as an admin and click DownloadStation in the configuration window.

I have the eMule enabled at DS. The problem is the extension don't adds the elinks but the torrents or the direct downloads do. I think the problem is the extension thinks the elink is a torrent and fails to add it...

The extension doesn't validate the links. The problem is the interface that the extension uses to send tasks to the DiskStation software. It is the same interface as the Redirector software by Synology. I really need to update the extension to use the web interface sometime, but it's quite a lot of work. Until that time, emule and magnet links won't work with the extension.

dugguduggu wrote:I have a few questions:

1) The Modified date for files is weird and random-like.
Is this some sort of setting i can configure or is the plugin extracting the modified date from the file downloaded?

2) I saw this: synologydownloadassistant.com
Is this the same plugin? Because i'm unable to get this to work when installed from source

1) The extension doesn't do anything with the downloaded files, if you have problems with the file dates it's something in the Diskstation software.

2) This is another extension :)

frossie wrote:good idea an extension!

I have only one question: how to add url from private tracker .
At the moment i tried it , but synology downloaded "download.php" not the file.

any solution ?
cheers.
fabio

Private trackers do not work because your Diskstation does not have the login session. Thats why it downloads the wrong file. As far as I know it's not possible to download the torrent file in the extension (so it could upload it to DSM, to avoid the problem with the session).

Q3D wrote:Really great extension :) Many thanks for it.

There is one issue with it: in Chrome, when you have a lot of active downloads, the scrollbar covers the remove buttons:

Also we all hope you can add the private torrent feature one day :)))
Anyway the plugin is just great.

Thanks for reporting the issue! I'll fix it in the next update. I did only test the scroll bar on Mac OS X, which hides the scrollbar when you stop scrolling ;)
Download Station Extension for Google Chrome and Safari - Manage Download Station from within your browser!
http://www.download-station-extension.com/
LuukD
Sharp
Sharp

Postby seandaily » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Using Chrome 16.0.912.77 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, I get "Failed to Add Download Task / Please verify your URL" everytime I try to download a YouTube video. I have confirmed the URL of the DS and the user and password are correct, and have logged in on Chrome using the given credentials.
seandaily
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dimmer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:49 am

Hi!
Any news on https with DSM 4.0?
Is it possible to allow choosing destination dir when adding url?
dimmer
Beginner
Beginner

Postby LuukD » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:57 pm

seandaily wrote:Using Chrome 16.0.912.77 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, I get "Failed to Add Download Task / Please verify your URL" everytime I try to download a YouTube video. I have confirmed the URL of the DS and the user and password are correct, and have logged in on Chrome using the given credentials.

Do normal downloads work?

What version of DSM is installed in your DS? YouTube downloads only work on version 3.2 and later.
You could also check if theres an update for the YouTube downloader in DownloadStation, there's a tab for this in the DownloadStation preferences.

If this doesn't help, could you post the exact url from your address bar for a YouTube video that doesn't work?

dimmer wrote:Hi!
Any news on https with DSM 4.0?
Is it possible to allow choosing destination dir when adding url?

No news on HTTPS yet. I haven't had time to work on it yet. I'll try to make some time to work on it next weekend :)
I don't think it is possible to specify a download location per task, but it's an interesting idea.
My main goal for now is to update the extension for DSM4!
Download Station Extension for Google Chrome and Safari - Manage Download Station from within your browser!
LuukD
Sharp
Sharp

Postby dimmer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 am

No news on HTTPS yet. I haven't had time to work on it yet. I'll try to make some time to work on it next weekend
I don't think it is possible to specify a download location per task, but it's an interesting idea.

Thanks for an answer, looking forward to see an update. I could beta-test something if you need, feel free to contact (ds210j, DSM4.0, https).
dimmer
Beginner
Beginner

Postby LuukD » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:24 pm

dimmer wrote:
No news on HTTPS yet. I haven't had time to work on it yet. I'll try to make some time to work on it next weekend

Thanks for an answer, looking forward to see an update. I could beta-test something if you need, feel free to contact (ds210j, DSM4.0, https).

Thanks for offering to beta-test. I've got DSM4 as well, so I can test the compatibility with that version myself. It would be great if someone with DSM 3.0, 3.1 and/or 3.2 could test the compatibility!

For the next version I'm switching from the Download Redirector interface to the interface used by the web version of Download Station. This should add support for magnet links.
LuukD
Sharp
Sharp

Postby dimmer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 am

LuukD wrote:For the next version I'm switching from the Download Redirector interface to the interface used by the web version of Download Station. This should add support for magnet links.

And possibility to choose a dedstination dir :)
dimmer
Beginner
Beginner

Postby rumcajs_tr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Any chance supporting multiple links to download with right-click? The firefox synoext extension handled it well, but I had to switch to chrome and missing this feature in download station extension for chrome.
It is a real pain to select on file after another, when the target is split for example to 15 or 20 files :-(
Thanks.
rumcajs_tr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jiimmie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi great work with the extension!

I was previously using synology download assistant 2 but it seems that that extension does not exist anymore.

I really love your extension but now when the pirate bay only uses magnets links your extension becomes useless :cry: .
Can you please add magnet link support soon? I can’t stand having to click 5 times for every torrent I want to download, instead of 2 clicks as it would take with your extension :)
jiimmie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby mugoy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 am

great ext. can you add magnet support?
mugoy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby freakytj » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 am

Hello!

I am super excited about this extension but I can' get it to work for neither Youtube videos or any links. I repeatedly receive the message, "Failed to add download task. Please verify your URL."

I've checked that the DS URL is correct, the user and password are correct. If I go into Download Station the same link I tried with the extension and failed works fin in the Synology interface. Here is some of me set-up info:

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
DS 211+ with DSM 4.0-2198
Synology Download Station for Google Chrome 1.4
Extension URL is internal IP 192.168.1.5

Please advise on how to correct or fix? Thank you!
freakytj
Beginner
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to Download Station