Download station crashes Disk Station above 850 kb/s

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

Download station crashes Disk Station above 850 kb/s

Postby dougie175 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I have a DS110J running DSM 4.0

I am having an issue with the disk station completly crashing and being in-accessible until I turn the until off and re-start it when downloading torrents above 850 kb/s

As long as i set maximum download to 850 in the BT settings I am not suffering any crashes, however as soon as I set it to 900 for example I loose all my connections.

I have jumbo frame disabled and mtu value is 1500 as I believe this is supposed to sort crashing problems but does not seem to work for me.

If anyone knows how I can go about increasing my download rate above 850 without it crashing my system please let me know.

Thnak You
dougie175
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download station crashes Disk Station above 850 kb/s

Postby dougie175 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 am

No one got any ideas or help they can give me on this one?

Thanks
dougie175
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download station crashes Disk Station above 850 kb/s

Postby CodE-E » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 am

With how many concurrent downloads does that happen?

You could try increasing Transmission's (that's the BitTorrent client used internally) "cache-size-mb" value (but I'm still having some issues with that: forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53978).
CodE-E
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Download Station